In episode 2x10 - One for The Dog, Olivia Pope was that girl for fire.
As soon as Verna walked into OPA with that explosive confession (re: she turned in Huck), Olivia hit the ground running wearing her Gladiator Armor (her white jacket).
Let’s do a recap of how Olivia put on her Gladiator Armor to handle business!
- #GetHollis - She rallied Harrison and Abby to see there’s any truth to what Verna had said about Hollis’ other phone. I must give a #GladiatorOvation to team Abbison! (While Harrison sweet talk to Hollis’ assistant Trixie, Abby got into her purse to secure the key to Hollis’ office, access his office and cracked into Hollis’ drawer. And what does she find there? There IS a second phone calling 202 555 0129. #BOOM)
- The Forged Letter. When Mellie admitted she wrote and signed the letter asking for Fitz’s POTUS power to be resigned, it could be over at that point, right? Factor in Sally wanting to speak with Fitz (who is not awake but still in a coma), you can’t help but feel it’s over, right? Wrong! Olivia went into Gladiator mode and devise the Operation: Faking Fitz is Awake Campaign media blitz with OPA, Hal, Cyrus and Mellie all involved.
- #FreeHuck - When David stepped into her office telling her that Huck said that as long as Fitz is still alive he is still in danger. So what is Olivia’s next move? Getting Sally to sign off on her #FreeHuck imitative. “Read the summaries on pages 4 and 5.” When Olivia finally sees Huck, it hurts.
- #GetBecky - Now that Huck is free, the next step is to #GetBecky now. Remember how Olivia told Harrison to hold off on calling that number? Well that number was Becky’s phone number. Which Gladiator calls Becky? Huck!
- “Goodbye Edison.” Senator Edison Davis demanded answers in midst of Olivia’s Operation: Faking Fitz is Awake Campaign media blitz. He needed to see Fitz face to face. Harrison was there to block his entry to see Fitz (who is still in a coma.)Because of who he is, the forged letter as Edison reminded her is grounds of treason. With Olivia saying to Edison that she is Fitz’s friend, the Edison vs. Olivia drama started…and I don’t see it being over until Edison finds out more.
- Fitz is still in a coma. In spite of the #FitzIsAwake Media Blitz, knowing Hollis called Becky, Becky’s arrest, #FreeHuck, and Quinn & Edison wanting answers, Fitz is still in a coma. Olivia takes off her Gladiator armor.
- “Someone wants to talk to you.” “Hi.” “Hi.” These words proved why Olivia Pope’s that girl on fire.
Anything and everything after ALL of this has changed the Scandal world. #ITJUSTGOTREAL