#Scandal - “Nobody Likes Babies” Review
When Shonda Rhimes tweeted all of this ——
HOURS before tonight’s episode I knew - I just knew that it TRULY got real.
Where do I even begin?
Let me start off by saying thanks to Shonda Rhimes, the cast, the writers and producers for keeping my popcorn and wine self entertained. Remember all of my Decoding posts? Well because of what happened tonight, let me just say this…
Am I the only screaming WTF when I saw the Scandal title cut after THIS episode ended!??? No it’s just me? Okay!
And now here’s my recap/review on what went down TONIGHT….
Gladiators I’m sure you all said that ^^ after last night’s new #Scandal but the truth of the matter is that Shonda Rhimes, the cast, episode 214 writer Mark Wilding and director Tom Verica served us some smoking hot popcorn and wine treats.
There were tons of great moments last night but Fitz’s Killer Decision was IT.
- Huck sparing the lives of Charlie and Hollis.
- Huck telling Quinn he’ll handle the Hollis Doyle situation for free if she goes back to being Lindsay Dwyer.
- Fitz handling the Verna Thornton confession problem by literally holding her hands down and cutting off her oxygen supply was him dancing over to the dark grassy knoll side of politics. (It’s bad for the presidency if Verna actually confesses to David Rosen, you know.) Fitz’s Killer Decision, though? #BULLFITZ
- Fitz thinking Mellie is the only one he can now trust because he found out that Olivia was in on it.
- David ending #Dabby over him accusing Abby of stealing the Cytron memory card. Abby deny and deny but she actually did take the card. She did it because she owe Olivia one? #LoyalGladiator
- Verna was behind the #WhoShotFitz scandal. She hired Becky to shot Fitz to protect/save “America’s soul.” She planted the second cell phone in Hollis’ office.
- So Hollis hired Becky to handle the Jesse Taylor Problem…and Verna hired Becky to shot Fitz? #WTF
- Olivia finally confessing what she wants - I don’t want normal and easy and simple. I want painful, difficult, devastating, life-changing, extraordinary love.
- Olivia still got the short end of stick at the very end. Be strong Olitz shippers. #WWOPD
- Fitz saying this to her after she said she’ll wait for him - I don’t know what I was thinking. Screwing your mistress is one thing, but marrying her? That’s political suicide, really. I mean, you believe that my presidency’s more important than anything else, right?. You must. You worked so hard to get me here.
- How James found out that Cyrus did in fact FIXED the national election was truly on that #GladiatorOvation level. That nudity scene was everything I hoped for and I’m glad Shonda wrote it and took it to that level.
- Harrison telling a hurt Abby who found that out why her relationship with David ended - Gladiators do not have feelings was us learning that being a professional fixer means that you keep your persona life away from what you do.
- Mellie dismissing Verna and babies like the flawless person she is. Standing O to Lyn Paolo dressing Mellie Grant as a REAL woman who just had a baby!
- Everything and anything Olivia Pope had on was consistently on point. #WERK
- Fitz’s face as he handled the Verna Thornton problem.
I need answers
- When will David win anything? Something? Hate to be David Rosen because he continues to lose.
- There is still a David Rosen problem. Abby cannot even fix this problem. Agree to disagree?
- Is that TRULY the last we’ve seen of Edison, Becky and especially Hollis?
- Now that the election rigging scandal is over? Nah I don’t believe that!
- Do you think what Verna did was a selfish act or was it her way of admitting her feelings for Big Jerry? Did she do it out of love for the Grants?
- What would Olivia Pope do now?
- Where is Fitz and Mellie going to stand now post - “It’s you and me?”
- Was Fitz’s Killer Decision Out of Hurt for Olivia, the people who voted for him, his father or himself?
- Is America’s Baby going to quit this whole thing because his parents lost their minds?
- When is Harrison going to take off HIS clothes? I mean seriously we’ve seen every Scandal male character naked at this point. We know what’s underneath his Gladiator suit, right?
- #BullFitz - are you ready for it?
- Wreckless love is something that Fitz and Olivia seem to thrive on and when is it ever going to stop? It’s like what Alicia sang – “Have that wreckless love/That crazy love/That I don’t really care/We can have it anywhere/Kind of love/That wreckless love” That’s the type of love Fitz and Olivia have. I’m ready for all of it.
· Are you sad that Dabby is over?
· Anyone else is shipping Huck and Quinn? (Be honest!)
· Has Fatherhood or his love for Cyrus truly calmed the inner journalist voice for James Novak?
· Fitz’s Killer Decision is going to be something Olivia Pope is going to have to step in and fix because quite frankly I don’t think Mellie and Cyrus could handle it without doing something so game changing drastic! Agree to Disagree?
(GIF H/T: ScandalGifs)