Let’s take a closer look at the new “Molly, You in Danger, Girl” sneak peek featuring Fitz, Jake Ballard, and Huckleberry Quinn shall we?
Fitz is conducting a live press conference at the White House.
Fitz: Today I can confirm that former CIA director Greg Osbourne was responsible for a leak of confidential information to our foreign adversaries. We believe he was a mole working in the United States Government. It’s unfortunate for me to say that the man I appointed. The man I trusted was secretly and actively working against this country in hopes to destroy us but he did NOT succeed. Our national security is in tact. The intelligence community is stronger than ever.
Our government continues to do every thing in its power to keep Americans both abroad and right here at home safe.
(As Fitz addresses the Scandal Nation, Jake Ballard ‘breaks’ into Liv’s apartment with a book bag and a small ladder to take down his surveillance feed. After he’s done, Huckleberry Quinn enters Liv’s apartment with a key. Notice the difference here, Gladiators. Huck and Quinn begin the sweep process.)
Quinn: And we need to do this how often exactly?
Huck: Every third Wednesday of every month is sweep day.
Fitz: I have instructed FBI Director Foster to lead an independent investigation into the matter. And we’ll have the complete corporation of the CIA. We will find anyone that may have helped Osbourne in these deplorable acts of treason.
(Huckleberry Quinn finds NOTHING in their sweep and leave Liv’s apartment. Jake is seen entering her apartment to switch on his feed. And this is when I predict Liv catches him in the act.)
Where do I even begin with this sneak preview???
- Fitz’s Live Press Conference on Osbourne - Fitz is addressing the Scandal nation with a live press conference on BNC – “President Addresses CIA information leak.” (I’m here for how Fitz is just there.)
- As Fitz is talking about the mole situation, Jake Ballard is taking down his surveillance feed from Olivia’s apartment BECAUSE HuckleberryQuinn is on their way for their monthly sweep for bugs at Liv’s spot. I am here for Fitz’s voice in this sneak preview from start to finish! Fitz’s on his Suit & Tie, seriously!
- Who Shot Fitz - The scar’s starting to fade away. Anyone else caught the scar last episode? Painful to see it!
This moment from the official promo trailer makes sense, right?
- Huckleberry Quinn’s Sweep Day at Liv’s Apartment – Huck has scheduled sweep days to check Liv’s apartment for bugs which is understandable when you’re a crisis management firm. You can’t let your client’s worse enemy try to one up you and expose their dirty little secrets, can you? This echoes Olivia’s Check My File line, doesn’t it? Huck doing this has helped Olivia maintain her rep and that’s why folks count on her when they’re facing a HUGE scandal. (Does Huck do the same thing for everyone at OPA?)
- UN-FREAKING-BELIVABLE – What are the odds that Huck, a former CIA agent/trained killer, does a SCHEDULED sweep?? I’m not buying this. This of course was done to prolong everyone being in the dark about Jake Ballard.
- Jake Ballard Knows - Of course because Jake’s watching Olivia, he will know when to pull out his feed from Liv’s apartment. I’m glad this was explained because seriously if you have Huck on your team and this is happening, it doesn’t add up, does it? I suppose this scene was done to show how Jake was getting around Liv AND Huck. So help him when he gets got though!
- Turning Off The Feed – This raises the question if this is on Fitz’s watch or is this on Jake’s watch? Granted that Jake’s watching Olivia on Fitz’s order, but does Fitz know about him doing this? I say yes…and no. Of course Fitz knows. It’s called covering your back. I say no too because Fitz does not know that the method of madness that is Jake Ballard inching in on his territory – Olivia Pope.
Jake Ballard & The Rope - So this sneak preview still does NOT explain why Jake was running off with the rope. (Remember my Decoding the Molly, You in Danger analysis?) Peep the rope he has with him. I’m going to assume that this was a flashback montage to how he handled the Osborune situation.
- Olivia Dropping the Glass in Jake’s Apartment - This ALSO explains why Olivia dropped her glass on Jake’s apartment floor because she MOST likely saw her apartment on his TV Wall.
- Olivia Needs Better Security – Yeah I said it. Folks walk into Liv’s apartment like they pay rent. WTF!
- Olivia’s a Clean Gladiator – Look at her clean her apartment is. You’ll never know looking at her apartment that she’s going through some things. Look at how tidy her bedroom is. Look at her bedroom has a white theme too. She not wearing white but she’s surrounded by it.
- Huck’s OKAY! – Clearly this scene was done before HuckleberryQuinn went to the storage container where a mystery man knocks out Huck COLD from behind! That mystery man has to be Jake so he can get the box which he stores somewhere that’s NOT his home!
Quinn’s trench coat – Anyone noticed how Quinn’s trench coat color has changed? Remember that khaki trench coat she had on earlier in the season. Look at her rocking a black one. I noticed that her Gladiator Armor when she’s out on the scene with Huck. I also love how she switches it up to the lighter jacket when she’s solo.
- When Huck Figures Out About Jake Ballard – Do you know how torn up Huck is going to feel? He’s going to feel like he let Olivia down. Huck’s always thorough. He’s a former trained CIA operative. He knows what he’s doing. Jake’s just got it easy because he’s watching him on camera. This just begs the question - Must we go through that AGAIN? That being Huck being in the dark about what’s going on? Remember how he was about the Becky thing to Olivia, right?
(GIF H/T: melliegrants)
- The Mole Committee – This scene also proves that Jake’s not working alone. What person has that much to spy on Olivia AND Huck. He knows about Huck’s sweep days. He does too much about Olivia. I’m not buying him working solo. So it begs the question who is he working for???
Frame by Frame Snapshots
These are just fun speculation and observations. We’ll get our answers this Thursday or Wednesday night. Get ready, Gladiators. Get ready!