You can catch Kerry Washington, 36, starring as Scandal’s spin-doctor-in-chief on ABC Thursdays at 10 P.M. Here, she dishes some of her own dirt with US Weekly.
1. I am obsessed with pineapple.
2. My grandparents’ names are on the memorial wall at Ellis Island
3. Like my character Olivia Pope, I was on the swim team in high school.
4. I have a Tina Turner impression that I’m very proud of since the age of 9.
5. As a kid, Splash was my favorite movie.
6. I was very resistant to Twitter. (She now tweets as @kerrywashington.)
7. I went to the same Bronx Boys & Girls Club as Jennifer Lopez.
8. I studied yoga and traditional Indian theater in India right after college.
9. While attending the Spence School, I was in a nine-girl a cappella singing group called Triple Trio.
10. I’m a huge Game of Thrones fan.
11. Every year on my birthday, I get my parents a gift.
12. I’m named after Ireland’s country Kerry.
13. I love to dance.
14. I didn’t get my license until my mid-twenties.
15. The first musical that I truly fell in love with was Into the Woods.
16. I constantly make weird faces into the cameras at work.
17. Disney theme parks make me very happy.
18. I have seen every episode of Super Soul Sunday on OWN.
19. I designed an interdisciplinary major at George Washington University.
20. I was also an RA at GWU’s Thurston Hall.
21. The first car I ever leased was a Prius and I’ve had one ever since.
22. I’ve testified before Congress with Robert Redford and John Legend in support of the arts.
23. I do not drink coffee.
24. I love take-offs on planes.
25. I started a Scandal tradition: Before shooting a new show we scream the episode number, applaud, and bang on furniture.
I love when Us Weekly does this and this is just another amazing example of how humble Kerry Washington truly is! (Loved #11 and #25!)