385 posts tagged Episode Recap
via Awesomely Luvvie
Cartoon #Scandal - “We Do Not Touch The First Ladies.”
- Zap2it: earned a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating down 18 percent from last week’s 3.4.
- ABC: “Scandal” (10:00-11:00 p.m. – 8.4 million and 2.8/8 in AD18-49): Building on its “Grey’s” lead-in among Adults 18-49 at 10:00 p.m. (+8%), ABC’s “Scandal” (2.8/8) dominated the final hour of the night, beating CBS’ “Elementary” by 65%(1.7/5) and NBC’s “Parenthood” by 133% (1.2/4). “Scandal” was Thursday’s No. 1 most-social TV program (310,485 tweets).
- AfterBuzz TV Scandal: "We Do Not Touch The First Ladies" Recap by Emile Ennis Jr., Sofia Stanley, Kennelia Stradwick, and Bamm Ericsen
- KevOnStage: Cartoon Scandal - “We Do Not Touch The First Ladies”
- Gradient Lair: "We Do Not Touch The First Ladies" Thoughts.
- Glamour // Phoebe Robinson: Scandal Recap: Mellie’s Big Secret and More Olitz Drama
- The A.V. Club: "We Do Not Touch The First Ladies"
- Vulture: Scandal Recap: Fox in the Henhouse
- TVLine: Scandal Recap: ‘What Is That, Latin for Dweeb?
- Scandal Revealed Podcast with Betsy Beers & Paul Adelstein.
- THR: ’Scandal’s’ Jon Tenney on Mellie and Andrew: Pandora’s Box Has Been Opened
- TV Fanatic: Scandal Review: Sex, Lies and Videotape
News // Interviews
- Paste Magazine: Catching Up With Darby Stanchfield
- TVGuide: Scandal's Scott Foley: Are Olivia and Jake Meant to Be?
- Vulture: Scandal’s Tony Goldwyn to Play Warren Jeffs in Lifetime Movie
- Variety: Most-Watched Oscars in 14 Years, Return of ‘Scandal’ Power ABC to Weekly Victory
Grab your sunglasses and Advil. Because last night’s episode was mad real. After a two-and-a-half-month hiatus, “Ride, Sally, Ride” was a reminder of why we’re all still cliff-jumping, die-hard gladiators.
Despite all of these highlights, Olivia Pope’s father (Joe Morton), whom Twitter affectionately calls Daddy Pope, managed to steal the show with his scary Shakespearean speech to his daughter. After Fitz snatched his post as command of the supersecret operative B613, Daddy Pope issued a grim warning to Liv about the revenge he seeks. He said, in short: Your boo ain’t about this life, and neither are you, so run.
"Start grieving now. Rend your garments. Curse the heavens. But first, run," he warned. Eeek.
Scandal Winter Finale Post Chat! (by chescaleigh)
we’re live at 11:15pm EST!
AfterBuzz TV reviews #Scandal - “A Door Marked Exit.” Insightful commentary as always!
Tangela Reviews #Scandal Season 3 Winter Finale - A Door Marked Exit. Pure comedy as always, Tangela!
Gladiators, here are the must-read reviews for #Scandal308 all in ONE spot!
- AwesomelyLuvvie.com: All the applause for Ava Duvernay, who directed this episode of Scandal, which made history! It was the first time a Black woman (Ava) directed a prime-time network TV drama created by a Black woman (Shonda Rhimes) and starring a Black woman (Kerry Washington). AND IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!!
- Vulture.com: I think Mama Pope was also a spy or somehow involved with B613, but I wonder if we’ll be rooting for her a few episodes from now, or hoping she gets what’s coming to her. Papa Pope walks a similar line — he does supremely terrible things under the guise of keeping U.S. safety on lockdown, which makes him seem terrible, too, but is it the job that makes him awful, or does he have to be awful to do the job? Right now I’m rooting for Mama Pope — she’s got that whole mother’s-love, woman-scorned thing going for her — but I wouldn’t be surprised if we were all screaming “I KNEW IT!” and smashing our wine glasses against the wall at the end of the season because of something she did to betray Liv. I am ready for this ride.
- Entertainment Weekly: Following a tragic detour into Mellie’s past,Scandal brought us right back to Olivia Pope’s D.C. this week, and I have to say: It was comforting to reunite with Olitz and the B613 mystery. What was overshadowed by Mellie’s backstory last week was (possibly) the worst-kept secret in Shondaland: Maya Pope is alive and…not well, exactly, but alive.
- TV Fanatic: You guys. WHAT WAS THAT? Seriously. Scandal season 3 is bringing.it. There was A-game all over the place tonight! All of the twists and turns taken on Scandal Season 3 Episode 8 are the reason this show is the show to watch on Thursday nights.
- TVLine.com: This week’s Scandal was, in part, How We Met Liv’s Mother, as Rowan/Eli spent some time with “dead” Maya. Elsewhere, Fitz took Olivia for a ride, Cy put James in a… position… and Quinn labored to cover her tracks.
- ABC.com: Secrets of Scandal - Vermont is for Lovers, Too.
- The AV Club: Scandal - “Vermont is for Lovers,Too.”
AfterBuzz TV Reviews #Scandal308 “Vermont is For Lovers, Too.”
Cartoon #Scandal “Everything’s Coming Up Mellie.”
AfterBuzz TV Recaps #Scandal307 “Everything’s Coming Up Scandal.” Brilliant and spot-on commentary!