46 posts tagged KW sells Olivia Pope Like No Other
Kerry Washington on Django Unchained and Scandal Dec 2012
Kerry Washington being fabulous, ladies and gentlemen.
The Patented Olivia Pope Lip Quiver
From The Atlantic:
ABC’s hit Scandal lives up to its name. It’s the kind of show that (spoilers ahead) introduces, blows through, and wraps up a presidential-assassination plot in the space of a few episodes. The premise itself is crazy: Kerry Washington stars as D.C. crisis management and PR impresario Olivia Pope, who “fixes” the problems of political bigwigs and big business while also carrying out a tempestuous affair with the President of the United States.
Implausible, made-for-TV fiction? Absolutely. But in some ways, it’s surprisingly true to reality. The show is based on the life and work of Judy Smith, a crisis manager who worked for the White House during George H.W. Bush’s presidency and whose clients have included Monica Lewinsky and Michael Vick. While the D.C. crisis managers I spoke with say they would never proffer potential clients with the same kind of wizardry Olivia does, they do say the show gets something right: how the Internet shapes scandals.
Same can be said about Olitz…
People talk -> Olivia Pope (Scandal s1)
Kerry Washington Talks Upcoming 'Scandal' Episodes & the Fashion!
Kerry Washington dishes on upcoming Scandal episodes
Kerry Washington phoned in to “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” to chat about ABC’s hit show Scandal and revealed not only things will get even more complicated on the Shonda Rhimes created show but even Kerry herself wants to steal Olivia Pope’s clothes!
As for the upcoming episodes, Kerry revealed the writers aren’t holding back. After viewers were left with Olivia meeting a potential guy played by Scott Foley and left only to find he’s stalking her, Kerry leaves us with questions revealing, “wait till you see how that unfolds, it’s a little bit nuts.”
What else is nuts is Kerry’s character’s style on the show!
Even Kerry admits she’d love to steal an item or two from Olivia Pope’s closet. So has the actress ever indulged?
Kerry shares: “The fashion on the show is insane. [But,] no I don’t get to take any of it home because god willing we will have lots and lots of seasons so everything has to live in Olivia Pope’s closet.”
Tune in to an all new Scandal tonight on ABC at 10/9c and live tweet with the cast on Twitter at @ScandalABC #Gladiators.
Get ready for tomorrow night, Gladiators! #ScandalisBack
Kerry Washington’s busy shooting a cover!!!! Get ready, Gladiators!!!
Scandal extended promo gifs
Love this tweet from KW from tonight’s 212 encore on Olitz!
Kerry Washington #Scandal - #Oscars Red Carpet Video Recap
- Red Carpet Arrival (Love the #Scandal chat the fans did!)
- On The Red Carpet interview (The host’s a Scandal fan.)
- E Red Carpet chat with Ryan Seacrest (Love her Olivia Pope nails shout-out)
- Chat with ABC’s Lara Spencer (Find out what KW’s wearing!)
- #Scandal “Every Inch” #Oscars Promo (Elizaveta’s Meant is the background music!)
- Elizaveta’s Happy that her song “Meant” was used in the new #Scandal Oscars promo (Elizaveta in her own words: Well, tonight I was just at home, in my PJ’s, working on new songs and re-singing vocal harmonies over and over, when my phone went crazy, and so did my Facebook and also Twitter. In fact, my song Meant was being used for the promo of the ABC show ‘Scandal’ and it aired during Oscars. I knew about the possible use, but it was not a sure thing - these things can change any moment - and so it came as a surprise to me, too… a very good one! I have been working very hard on the follow up music recently, and this is like a beautiful gift, and a fitting place for Meant. Thank you ABC for picking my song. Seriously: a big, big thank you. And for those of you who are reading this and meeting me for the first time because of this occasion, here is the official Meant video - and you can also get it on iTunes HERE)
- Buy Elizaveta’s Meant from iTunes! (Consider IT handled!)
Twitter reaction to Kerry Washington presenting and the new #Scandal #Oscars promo! (Who knew Chris Paul is a Gladiator?!)