1158 posts tagged Scandal ABC Fandom
Just watched last weeks scandal OMG!! OMG OMG I am sitting on this coach until Thursday when the finale airs !
#Scandal Cartoon - #YOLO by @KevOnStage
AfterBuzz TV reviews #Scandal309 - “YOLO” and Katie Lowes calls in!
Scandal ratings are UP! via TVbyTheNumbers:
ABC Primetime 2013-14 (9/23-12/01/13)
Based on non-sports programming (to account for the inflated averages from sports coverage), ABC is No. 1 season to date in Adults 18-49 (2.6-tied w/CBS), leading NBC by 4% (2.5 rating) and Fox by 18% (2.2 rating). The Net also holds the No. 1 non-sports position with Adults 18-34 and across all key Women: W18-34, W18-49 and W25-54.
· Places 1st or 2nd on 4 of 7 Nights this Season in Adults 18-49: ABC ranks 1st or 2nd on 4 of 7 nights during the week this season: Wednesday - No. 1, Thursday - No. 2, Friday - No. 2 and Saturday - No. 1.
· No. 1 in the C3 Adult 18-49 Non-Sports Numbers/“” is the No. 1 Drama: ABC is tied with NBC for No. 1 this season in the sales currency of C3 non-sports Adult 18-49 ratings (Commercial Ratings + 3 Days of Playback): ABC – 2.1 rating; NBC—2.1 rating; CBS—2.0 rating; Fox—1.8 rating. In fact, ABC’s “ ” (3.58 rating) has moved ahead of NBC’s “Blacklist” (3.55 rating) as the season’s No. 1 broadcast drama in C3 Adults 18-49. The Net broadcasts 3 of the Top 5 dramas in C3 with “ ” (No. 1), “ ’s” (No. 4) and “S.H.I.E.L.D.” (No. 5).
· Top Draw with Upscale Young Adults: Among Adults 18-49 in homes with $100K+ Annual Income in the non-sports numbers, ABC ranks No. 1 this season, leading CBS by 7%, NBC by 12% and Fox by 33%. ABC airs 6 of the Top 15 entertainment broadcast series (the most for any net) among high-income young adults, including the No. 1 show overall with “:” “ “ – No. 1, “ ’s ”– No. 5, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” – No. 7, “ ” – No. 8, “ ” – No. 11 and “ ” – No. 12. In addition, ABC’s “ ” ($81,400) claims the highest Median Income on the major nets this season for its young adult audience.
Guess which girl went and saw SSA Tom in a play and got his autograph and a picture with him….this girl, that’s who! The play Lone-Anon was very funny and Brian was great in it and after it was over he met with us and signed the cover page to the Sweet Baby script. He was sooo freaking nice…(when I told him I make the FB post he told me how funny he thought they were and how much he liked them….I of course mentally swooned) and he offered to walk us to our cars. He seemed really touched that we drove down to see him in the play and was soo warm and welcoming. I already had a crush on SSA Tom..but now I have to say I have one on Brian Letscher as well.
Thursday night was a BIG night in ShondaLand!
- Debbie Allen directed #Greys Season 10 Episode 10 “Somebody I Used To Know.”
- Ava DuVernay directed #Scandal Season 3 Episode 8 “Vermont is for Lovers, Too.”
- Bonus #ScandalTrivia: Debbie Allen will direct one episode of #Scandal in Season 3!
- ABC is No. 2 on Thursday in Adults 18-49 and No. 1 in Adults 18-34 and Key Women
- Up 16% from Its Adult 18-49 Lead-in, “Scandal” Overshadows Its 10 O’clock Drama Competition by 61% Over CBS’ “Elementary” and 142% Over NBC’s “Parenthood”
- “Scandal” Jumps 68% in Adults 18-49 as TV’s Fastest-Growing Returning Series
- In Adults 18-49, ABC’s “Scandal” finished as the No. 2 TV show of the night for the 3rd week in row, behind only CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory.” In addition, “Scandal” and “Grey’s Anatomy” continued to stand as Thursday’s Top 2 dramas with young adults.
“Scandal” (10:00-11:000 p.m. – 8.8 million and 2.9/8 in AD18-49):
Gaining on its “Grey’s” lead-in by 16% in Adults 18-49 and holding even week to week, ABC’s “Scandal” nearly beat CBS and NBC combined in the 10:00 p.m. hour, leading “Elementary” by 61% (1.8/5) and “Parenthood” by 142% (1.2/3).
- On average, “Scandal” is up 68% over the same point last year in Adults 18-49, making it TV’s fastest-growing returning series this season and ABC’s highest-rated show in the time slot since “Lost” during the 2007-08 season.
- In the most recent week of L7 data, “Scandal” jumped 1.7 rating points in Adults 18-49 to earn the series’ biggest-ever increase from its L+SD number.
Social Stats: “Scandal” continued to rank as Thursday’s No. 1 most social TV show with 395,563 tweets, increasing 13% week to week to its 2nd-highest number this season.
Positive vibes for #Scandal308 director Ava DuVernay.
The Mindy Project referenced Scandal twice tonight. Twice!
And then this happened on Twitter:
Well, I’m late on realizing this, but sabiacoruja.com hit the 1 million page view mark sometime, um, recently - sorry, that’s as specific as I can get because I don’t pay a ton of attention to this stuff.
Thanks to all of you reading, supporting, submitting, commenting, messaging and yes, even sending me less than flattering feedback. It’s all part of the fun (both good and bad). All of you are what allowed the blog to hit this milestone, and I personally appreciate it.
I’ve expressed my concerns about Scandal and the direction it’s been heading in recently, but as you can see, I still run this little “boutique” blog as I I call it, and I still love and care about the show a lot.
If I didn’t, or if someday I don’t, it’s gonna be like Ben Affleck going to pick up Matt Damon at the end of Good Will Hunting - one day my ass just won’t be there. (Random movie reference - y’all know how it works over here)
So until then, and I ain’t making no promises, I’ll keep posting fangirl stuff and hopefully y’all will keep reading it.
Special thanks to my friend, podcast partner and fellow blerd Shawana AND to Scandal Moments-hers was the first fan blog I ever read about Scandal once I realized I’d caught this obsession, and I’m grateful for all she does for the fandom!
Love to the Scandalfam as always - even when we fight and go off on each other, this is still a show that means something to all of us or we wouldn’t be this passionate no matter what side of any particular debate (and we have a ton) we may fall on.
MANY MANY THANKS!
Congratulations, Sabia! I’ve been a HUGE fan of your Scandal insights from day one! I am grateful for ALL that you do for the fandom! It’s MUCH appreciated!
Cartoon #Scandal “Everything’s Coming Up Mellie.”
AfterBuzz TV Recaps #Scandal307 “Everything’s Coming Up Scandal.” Brilliant and spot-on commentary!